Issuance of permits to foreigners and stateless persons for permanent residence in the Republic of Kazakhstan
Terms of provision of public services:
1) from the momentdelivery of the package of necessary documents to the service provider – 60 (sixty) calendar days;
2) Form of provision of public services: paper
The public service is provided on a paid basis to foreigners and stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Kazakhstan with a permanent residence visa (category B8) or arriving from states that have concluded agreements with the Republic of Kazakhstan on visa-free entry and stay, as well as ethnic Kazakhs, regardless of category visa issued to them.
When providing a public service, a state duty is charged, which, in accordance with Article 540 of the Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On taxes and other obligatory payments to the budget” (Tax Code), is 10 percent of the monthly calculation indicator established on the day of payment of the state duty.
Payment of the state duty is carried out in cash or non-cash through second-tier banks or organizations that carry out certain types of banking operations, which issue a document (receipt) confirming the amount and date of payment.
To receive a public service, the service recipient provides the following documents to the internal affairs bodies at the place of stay:
1) an application form for the issuance of a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan in the form according to Appendix 2 .
2) a copy and original (for verification) of the national passport, a document of a stateless person of the service recipient, valid for more than 180 calendar days on the day of filing the application;
a copy and original (for verification) of a birth certificate or other identification document of a child under sixteen years of age, when applying jointly;
3) written consent of the state of his citizenship, which can be a departure certificate or another document confirming permission to travel for permanent residence abroad (with the exception of foreigners and stateless persons who are recognized as refugees or who have been granted asylum in the Republic of Kazakhstan and ethnic Kazakhs from the People's Republic of China unless otherwise provided by international treaties);
4) autobiography in the state or Russian language, signed by the applicant;
5) a document confirming their solvency in accordance with the Rules for confirming foreigners and stateless persons applying for permanent residence permits in the Republic of Kazakhstan, their solvency during their stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan, approved by Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated November 26, 2003 No. 1185, for with the exception of ethnic Kazakhs, former compatriots who were born or previously held citizenship of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic or the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as persons entitled to acquire citizenship of the Republic of Kazakhstan in a simplified manner on the basis of international treaties of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and members of their families;
6) a document on criminal record (no criminal record) in the state of citizenship and or permanent residence, issued by the competent authority of the relevant state (with the exception of ethnic Kazakh citizens of the People's Republic of China, unless otherwise provided by international treaties);
7) notarized consent of a child aged 14 to 18 years for permanent residence in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
8) a notarized agreement or notarized consent with an individual or legal entity to provide the applicant with housing for residence and permanent registration;
9) a certificate of medical examination of a foreigner confirming the absence of diseases, the presence of which prohibits the entry of foreigners and stateless persons into the Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated September 30, 2011 No. 664 “On approval of the list of diseases, the presence of which prohibits the entry of foreigners and stateless persons to the Republic of Kazakhstan" (registered in the Register of State Registration of Normative Legal Acts No. 7274);
10) one photograph measuring 35x45 mm;
11) a certificate of absence or termination of citizenship of another state, issued by the competent authority of the relevant state (if an application is made by a stateless person who does not have a stateless person’s certificate).
The validity period of the documents specified in subparagraphs 5), 6), 9) of this paragraph is no more than 180 calendar days.
Documents drawn up in a foreign language must be translated into the state or Russian language. The authenticity of the translator's signature is certified by a notary.